Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon H. Gordon H. is offline

Default Microsoft Word 2007

Hey Someone,

I recently (May '08) downloaded Word 2007 to my PC, replacing some earlier
version of Word that came on the machine (Dell)...

Here's the problem - when I click to "save" or "save as" a document, the
program starts to reinstall the upgrade version, which it can't seem to find
on the hard drive, so asks me to find it and click the "OK" button - when I
click "cancel" to stop the reinstallation, it initially doesn't stop the
process, and takes repeated clicks to cancel - the document may or may not
have been saved...

I've tried to download fixes for this, but haven't found a download package
that addresses this problem, and have not been successful in getting any help
from Microsoft's website technical support group because they require a
product ID number, and the one that came with the download program apparently
isn't in the right mode, or something - I keep getting an error message
saying the ID number I've entered isn't it the right format (?)...

I also have not been able to get in touch with any support people to even
raise the question because the product ID number I have isn't accepted by
their support page....and, they don't have any kind of general email or
online access to even ask a question...

So - anyone have this problem with the "save" step not saving a document and
initiating a reinstall of a downloaded program...?

HELP...!!!

Gordon...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like you are using a trial version that has expired. You will
need to purchase a licensed copy of the software.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP