Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How can I protect page breaks in a long document

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 06:29:01 -0700, Madaboutbuns
wrote:

Hi everyone - I have a 31 page document which is distributed monthly to
several people so they can fill in their own comments - can I protect each
page, so when someone types in some comments it doesn't make the rest of the
text go to the next page - if that makes sense? I just want each page
"locked" format wise, is that possible?
Much appreciated for any help! Chris

If they insist on just typing more text into the main body of the document, then
no, there's nothing you can do to lock the format. Editing is editing, no matter
who does it, and Word must put it somewhere...

If they actually use the Insert Comment command, it won't change the page
layout. (If Word squeezes the page to the left and shows the comments in
balloons to the right, you can turn off the balloons in the Track Changes
Options dialog.)

You can force them to use Insert Comments by clicking Tools Protect Document
and choosing "Comments" in the dropdown for the protection type.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman