Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lel lel is offline

Default choosing a % Zoom value in Word 2007

Hi
In Word 2002 and previous versions I am able to type in an exact zoom value
% in the zoom % box directly on my toolbar. So I click, type in 56 and hit
ENTER. Fast. I DO NOT necessarily want to save the % value with the document
for future use. I find that I personally change the % value depending on my
eyes, the light available where I working and I do not want to drag a slider
with a mouse device.

Maybe I am being dim but I cant seem to do this in Word 2007 without going
all the way to the Zoom dialog box and pressing ALT E and entering the %
value and pressing ENTER. It just seems much clumiser.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is clumsier, but all that is required is to click the zoom indicator on
the status bar and type the zoom setting in the dialog box much as before,
so if you want 56% type 56 in the box and press enter. If you find clicking
the zoom indicator too onerous, you can assign the zoom command to a
keyboard shortcut or if you regularly switch between (say) 56% and 100% you
could create a macro to toggle the zoom setting and attach that to a QAT
button or keyboard shortcut. eg

Sub ToggleZoom()
With ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom
If .Percentage = 100 Then
.Percentage = 56
Else
.Percentage = 100
End If
End With
End Sub

lel wrote:
Hi
In Word 2002 and previous versions I am able to type in an exact zoom
value % in the zoom % box directly on my toolbar. So I click, type in
56 and hit ENTER. Fast. I DO NOT necessarily want to save the % value
with the document for future use. I find that I personally change the
% value depending on my eyes, the light available where I working and
I do not want to drag a slider with a mouse device.

Maybe I am being dim but I cant seem to do this in Word 2007 without
going all the way to the Zoom dialog box and pressing ALT E and
entering the % value and pressing ENTER. It just seems much clumiser.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lel lel is offline

Thanks, Graham. I would just like the macro to open the zoom dialog box,
highlight the existing % and then leave me able to type in the value. At
present I find that when I access VIEWZOOM the cursor is never in the zoom
value box. How should I adjust the code you supplied me with?
Thanks

lel wrote:
Hi
In Word 2002 and previous versions I am able to type in an exact zoom
value % in the zoom % box directly on my toolbar. So I click, type in
56 and hit ENTER. Fast. I DO NOT necessarily want to save the % value
with the document for future use. I find that I personally change the
% value depending on my eyes, the light available where I working and
I do not want to drag a slider with a mouse device.

Maybe I am being dim but I cant seem to do this in Word 2007 without
going all the way to the Zoom dialog box and pressing ALT E and
entering the % value and pressing ENTER. It just seems much clumiser.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Sub MyZoom()
SendKeys "{TAB}{TAB}"
Dialogs(wdDialogViewZoom).Show
End Sub

should do that, and works in Windows XP, but I hear that Sendkeys may not
work in Windows Vista.

lel wrote:
Hi
In Word 2002 and previous versions I am able to type in an exact
zoom value % in the zoom % box directly on my toolbar. So I click,
type in 56 and hit ENTER. Fast. I DO NOT necessarily want to save
the % value with the document for future use. I find that I
personally change the % value depending on my eyes, the light
available where I working and I do not want to drag a slider with a
mouse device.

Maybe I am being dim but I cant seem to do this in Word 2007 without
going all the way to the Zoom dialog box and pressing ALT E and
entering the % value and pressing ENTER. It just seems much
clumiser. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lel lel is offline

Graham, this works fine as long as I do not assign the macro to a keyboard
shortcut. WHen I assign it to example CTRL+8, it opens the Zoom dialog box
but the cursor is not in the correct place - the % value. WHen I run it from
Tools, Macro, Macros, Run Macro it works ok...It does the same in both Word
2002 and 2007. I am running XP op sys.

Thx for any advice..

lel wrote:
Hi
In Word 2002 and previous versions I am able to type in an exact
zoom value % in the zoom % box directly on my toolbar. So I click,
type in 56 and hit ENTER. Fast. I DO NOT necessarily want to save
the % value with the document for future use. I find that I
personally change the % value depending on my eyes, the light
available where I working and I do not want to drag a slider with a
mouse device.

Maybe I am being dim but I cant seem to do this in Word 2007 without
going all the way to the Zoom dialog box and pressing ALT E and
entering the % value and pressing ENTER. It just seems much
clumiser. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I see the same here. I had been testing with the macro attached to a toolbar
button which works as stated. I don't know if there is a solution so I have
cross posted to the VBA forum for comment.

lel wrote:
Hi
In Word 2002 and previous versions I am able to type in an exact
zoom value % in the zoom % box directly on my toolbar. So I click,
type in 56 and hit ENTER. Fast. I DO NOT necessarily want to save
the % value with the document for future use. I find that I
personally change the % value depending on my eyes, the light
available where I working and I do not want to drag a slider with
a mouse device.

Maybe I am being dim but I cant seem to do this in Word 2007
without going all the way to the Zoom dialog box and pressing ALT
E and entering the % value and pressing ENTER. It just seems much
clumiser. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
lel lel is offline

You are very kind, Graham. Much appreciated. Out of interest, do you like the
Ribbon? Have you got used to it? I am working between pre-2007 with the good
old underscored letters visible and not crowding the screen. I guess I will
get used to Key Tips, just find them hard on the eye..At least most CTRL
keyboard shortcuts are the same...

lel wrote:
Hi
In Word 2002 and previous versions I am able to type in an exact
zoom value % in the zoom % box directly on my toolbar. So I click,
type in 56 and hit ENTER. Fast. I DO NOT necessarily want to save
the % value with the document for future use. I find that I
personally change the % value depending on my eyes, the light
available where I working and I do not want to drag a slider with
a mouse device.

Maybe I am being dim but I cant seem to do this in Word 2007
without going all the way to the Zoom dialog box and pressing ALT
E and entering the % value and pressing ENTER. It just seems much
clumiser. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do I like the ribbon? I find it slower to negotiate and far more difficult
to personalise than the old layout I have used for many years. I use 2007
for every day stuff like correspondence using my own templates, but for
anything complicated I use Word 2003.