Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TWetter TWetter is offline

Default Word 2003 documents in Vista

I recently purchased a new notebook with Vista. The documents that I created
on my other computer with windows xp are not formattd properly 0 they are
much too long. EX if it is a one page document in xp it is 1 1/4 page in
Vista. This is affecting hundreds of documents and I can't even seem to fix
one. It is worse if there are tables, but it is in nearly all of the word
documents. Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TWetter TWetter is offline

Thank you so much. This totally fixed the issue ---- and savbed me a lot of
time trying to "fix" the problem. Will the fix cause any other issues that I
should know about?

Thanks again,
Terri

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Vista will be using a different printer driver. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

-- Suzanne S. Barnhill

"TWetter" wrote in message
I recently purchased a new notebook with Vista. The documents that I
created
on my other computer with windows xp are not formattd properly 0 they are
much too long. EX if it is a one page document in xp it is 1 1/4 page in
Vista. This is affecting hundreds of documents and I can't even seem to
fix
one. It is worse if there are tables, but it is in nearly all of the word
documents. Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TWetter TWetter is offline

Hello, I did what it said in the flyer
checking the €śUse printer metrics€ť check box on the Compatibility tab of
Tools | Options

Thanks again,
Terri

"TWetter" wrote in message
I recently purchased a new notebook with Vista. The documents that I
created
on my other computer with windows xp are not formattd properly 0 they
are
much too long. EX if it is a one page document in xp it is 1 1/4 page
in
Vista. This is affecting hundreds of documents and I can't even seem
fix
one. It is worse if there are tables, but it is in nearly all of the
word
documents. Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Compatibility Options are set per document; they are not global. So anything
you set there will not affect any other documents.

"TWetter" wrote in message
Hello, I did what it said in the flyer
checking the "Use printer metrics" check box on the Compatibility tab of
Tools | Options

Thanks again,
Terri