Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert ZZGG Robert ZZGG is offline

Default Toolbar Button provides wrong action

In the 'Home' tab, 'Paragraph' section, I am having a problem with a button.
The button originally had the "bottom border" icon.
It has a drop-down menu.
I used the drop-down menu choice "borders and shading" to put a brown box
around some text.
This changed the icon to the "borders and shading" icon.
Good, so far.
But, then, no matter what drop-down menu choice I made, I got the brown box
around the selected text.
I eventually got the brown to change to black, but I still get a box instead
to the menu choice that I select.
Help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The button reflects whichever choice has been most recently selected (Bottom
Border, Top Border, etc.) and applies whatever border has been most recently
applied from the dialog. You must revisit the dialog to choose a different
border style.