Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bronxbabe bronxbabe is offline

Default Styles

As I understand it, all styles are based on the Normal style. So, if I want
to make a change throughout the document (e.g., font, etc...), I normally
change my Normal style. Lately, I've noticed that, while modifying a
document, if I decide I want everything to be full justification and change
Normal to full justification, my other styles don't change. They remain left
justified. Any reason why this is happening? Shouldn't those styles'
justification change when I change Normal? (p.s. I check the styles being
used and they are ALL based on Normal)

Thanks in advance )
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Whether changes in one style are propagated to another style based on it
seems to depend on whether or not the other style has already been
used/modified. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...esCascade.html for (possibly)
more information.

"bronxbabe" wrote in message
As I understand it, all styles are based on the Normal style. So, if I
want
to make a change throughout the document (e.g., font, etc...), I normally
change my Normal style. Lately, I've noticed that, while modifying a
document, if I decide I want everything to be full justification and
change
Normal to full justification, my other styles don't change. They remain
left
justified. Any reason why this is happening? Shouldn't those styles'
justification change when I change Normal? (p.s. I check the styles being
used and they are ALL based on Normal)

Thanks in advance )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bronxbabe bronxbabe is offline

The article didn't really help because Normal is the parent style. Any other
ideas?

Thanks in advance )

"bronxbabe" wrote in message
As I understand it, all styles are based on the Normal style. So, if I
want
to make a change throughout the document (e.g., font, etc...), I normally
change my Normal style. Lately, I've noticed that, while modifying a
document, if I decide I want everything to be full justification and
change
Normal to full justification, my other styles don't change. They remain
left
justified. Any reason why this is happening? Shouldn't those styles'
justification change when I change Normal? (p.s. I check the styles being
used and they are ALL based on Normal)

Thanks in advance )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As I say, if the style has already been used, you may have to apply the
formatting to the style directly; it doesn't always "trickle down" when you
change the base style, especially if you've modified the style in any way.