Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Martin Folley Martin Folley is offline

Default stop task panes opening .. revert to dialogue boxes

I keep finding that my work is obscured by a 'task pane'

How do I revert to a dialogue box system?

I particular when changing the formatting aociated with styles?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

"Martin Folley" wrote in message
news
I keep finding that my work is obscured by a 'task pane'

How do I revert to a dialogue box system?

I particular when changing the formatting aociated with styles?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Martin Folley Martin Folley is offline

Thanks for the pointer ..this leads to a caution perhaps ... who are 'Coan
and Company Inc.'

Apparently I should ALWAYStrust macros from this publisher.
Since I have your recomendation, I am willing to accept this macro ... but
to ALWAYS trust them seems to be somewhat dangerous.

How can I install this one Macro without opening myself to other Macros from
an unknown source?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

"Martin Folley" wrote in message
news
I keep finding that my work is obscured by a 'task pane'

How do I revert to a dialogue box system?

I particular when changing the formatting aociated with styles?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Coan and Company Inc. is Word MVP Bill Coan (http://www.wordsite.com/), one
of the authors of the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...owTaskPane.htm, to which I assume
you are referring.

But you should not be getting this message if you have installed the add-in
in Word's Startup folder and have "Trust all installed templates and
add-ins" checked on the Trusted Sources tab of Tools | Macro | Security.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Martin Folley" wrote in

message
news
I keep finding that my work is obscured by a 'task pane'

How do I revert to a dialogue box system?

I particular when changing the formatting aociated with styles?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Martin Folley" wrote:
I keep finding that my work is obscured by a 'task pane'

How do I revert to a dialogue box system?

I particular when changing the formatting aociated with styles?

Hi Martin,

I guess you know you can dock the task pane (or panes in Word2007)?
It can be a bid fidgety, but docked they no longer obscure your document.

Regards,
Klaus