Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LMV at Chatt

Default How do I hide format balloons?

Word document displays formatting notes about paragraph spacing, font and
indents in balloons in the right margin. I've clicked on mark up and changed
the view, then saved. When re-opened the document still shows balloons. I
cannot create a PDF with the document like this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

You can turn off markup, or set the View on the Reviewing Toolbar to Final,
and then create the PDF immediately. PDF should give you what you see right
then (well, depending on the tool you are using).

However, I suspect that you don't understand how Track Changes works. When
you have tracked changes, changes are inserted into the doc. They will
always be there until they are Accepted or Rejected. Markup comes back on
automatically to let you know that they are still there, and that anyone you
send a Word doc to will see them. Hiding the changes does not remove them
from the doc.

See here for more on how Track Changes works and how to manipulate it:
http://shaunakelly.com/word/trackcha...ngesWorks.html

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/