Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George George is offline

Default can you auto calculate in word 2007 like you can in excel?

I am trying to auto calculate a total in a Word 2007 table like you would in
Excel - can this be done, and if so can I also auto calculate a percentage in
Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It depends on your definition of 'auto'. Word does not automatically
calculate, but you can calculate in a table with formula fields.

George wrote:
I am trying to auto calculate a total in a Word 2007 table like you
would in Excel - can this be done, and if so can I also auto
calculate a percentage in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Assuming all in a table

to add cell a1 to cell a2 in cell a3, put the following in A3 (use CTRL+F9
for the brackets)

{=A1+A2}

You may find http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm useful