Menyon

Default Sharing Word Documents

How can I share a document created in word to those who do not have word
installed on their pc?
Jezebel

If they just want to see it, convert it to PDF. If they need to work on it,
experiment with the formats available in the Files of Type list on the Save
As dialog, to find one that works for them. Plain text will anywhere but you
lose all formatting. RTF is good with most text software.

"Menyon" wrote in message
news
How can I share a document created in word to those who do not have word
installed on their pc?

Jay Freedman

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:51:03 -0800, Menyon
wrote:

How can I share a document created in word to those who do not have word
installed on their pc?

In addition to Jezebel's suggestions, either of the following should
work:

- Ask them to download the free Word viewer from
http://office.microsoft.com/download...wd97vwr32.aspx.

- Save it as a web page (this is a choice in the "Save as type" box in
the Save As dialog) and post it on a web site.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman