Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yvonne Yvonne is offline

Default autotext

I have Windows 7 and once I create and save my own autotext, if I close out
of Word or turn off my computer, my saved autotext is gone when I re-open
Word or turn on my computer. This wasn't the problem on my old computer. How
do I recover the autotext that I created?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have you tried the Save All function after doing a customisation of
Autotext/toolbar/menu entry?
After whatever change, press Shft+File, Save All, close Word, and reopen to
see if the change has been retained. To Save All in Word 2007, you will have
to add that command to the Quick Access Toolbar (via Office button | Word
Options, Customize category).
If this works, question for you, do you have Acrobat installed?
The Acrobat addin can cause some changes not to be saved to the Normal.dot,
such as new Autotext/toolbar/menu entries, etc.
If you do have Acrobat then have a look at this webpage below, especially
the section on Add/Remove Program, Modify. I had similar problems with
Customise and Autotext/toolbar/menu, doing the following solved the problem
BUT I also found that if you do the instructions and then reboot, Open and
close word, then reverse the Modify instructions, the Acrobat functions
return without the clashes with saving Customise and Autotext/toolbar/menu.
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

Hope this helps
DeanH

autotext Lucas Microsoft Word Help 2 May 2nd 07 01:09 PM
Autotext lauralw1 Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 07 08:39 PM
AutoText Duggan 59 Microsoft Word Help 2 October 20th 05 02:35 AM
autotext Baylea90 Microsoft Word Help 2 April 11th 05 03:56 PM
AutoText, how do I add the SaveDate function to the AutoText list. PKDance Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 05:03 AM