Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sueg sueg is offline

Default Text not aligning at top of the page

I'm trying to align text close to the top of the page. I have set a small
margin but the top of the text isn't level with the edge of the margin.

I've check that the vertical alignment is top and that there is no extra
space before the paragraph.

Can anyone help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Display the text boundaries - in Word 2003 it's tools options view
text boundaries, but other versions have a similar option. This will show
the limits of the text area as a dotted line. How close the top of your text
comes to that dotted line is determined by the current font. How close to
the edge of the page that dotted line can be located is a function of the
printer driver. The vast majority of printers will not allow printing to the
edge of the page.

SueG wrote:
I'm trying to align text close to the top of the page. I have set a
small margin but the top of the text isn't level with the edge of the
margin.

I've check that the vertical alignment is top and that there is no
extra space before the paragraph.

Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sueg sueg is offline

Thanks Graham. I didn't realise that the font chosen made a difference.

"SueG" wrote:

I'm trying to align text close to the top of the page. I have set a small
margin but the top of the text isn't level with the edge of the margin.

I've check that the vertical alignment is top and that there is no extra
space before the paragraph.

Can anyone help please?

Aligning Text In Word turkmah Microsoft Word Help 4 February 24th 08 02:56 AM
Aligning text in columns 7M Tables 4 August 27th 06 07:55 AM
Aligning of Footnote Text KDJ Microsoft Word Help 5 April 5th 06 05:41 AM
aligning text in labels ncct Microsoft Word Help 1 August 1st 05 05:09 PM
Aligning text in tables Mikey Tables 5 April 22nd 05 06:43 PM