Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meri Reinhold Meri Reinhold is offline

Default Problem with extra space appearing at top of pg 29 and onward

I am using Word 2007, in the 2003 compatibility mode. I have a 50 page
document that is revised annually or so. Suddenly this time, on page 29
there is a space inserted in the first position on the page for text. I can
see the paragraph sign when I select to show the formatting. On the
preceeding pages there are two of these signs and the text starts below it.
On page 29 and each succeeding page, there are two of these sign and the text
starts to the right of the last one, giving the appearance of a blank space
on the first line of each page. How did this happen and how do I get rid of
it? Thanks for any help you can give
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

The problem is probably down to the document not being opened 2007 since last
edited and that the 2007 has a new(er) printer driver.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm for one explanation.
Also the non-printing characters are explained he
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm
All the best
DeanH

"Meri Reinhold" wrote:

I am using Word 2007, in the 2003 compatibility mode. I have a 50 page
document that is revised annually or so. Suddenly this time, on page 29
there is a space inserted in the first position on the page for text. I can
see the paragraph sign when I select to show the formatting. On the
preceeding pages there are two of these signs and the text starts below it.
On page 29 and each succeeding page, there are two of these sign and the text
starts to the right of the last one, giving the appearance of a blank space
on the first line of each page. How did this happen and how do I get rid of
it? Thanks for any help you can give

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

See also http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm

DeanH wrote:
The problem is probably down to the document not being opened 2007 since last
edited and that the 2007 has a new(er) printer driver.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm for one explanation.
Also the non-printing characters are explained he
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm
All the best
DeanH

I am using Word 2007, in the 2003 compatibility mode. I have a 50 page
document that is revised annually or so. Suddenly this time, on page 29

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]