John

Default Print Preview

Hi I am using Word 2000 but envelopes print in the top left (over the return
address.) They look fine in page layout and print preview but actually print
completely differently and look awful! Any help appreciated. Thanks

TF

If they look fine in Print Preview, then it is highly likely the printer
driver that is at fault. Check to see if there is a newer driver available
for download and see if it corrects the problem.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"John" wrote in message
: Hi I am using Word 2000 but envelopes print in the top left (over the
return
: address.) They look fine in page layout and print preview but actually
print
: completely differently and look awful! Any help appreciated. Thanks
:
:

John

Thanks for your reply. Actually I also print through this Pc (on a peer to
peer network) and I don't have this problem on the other Pc. I have tried
deleting styles etc but that doesn't seem to help. The only way is to drag
the address way over to the bottom right to get it anyway near to centre
i.e. over compensate.

Regards

John

"John" wrote in message
: Hi I am using Word 2000 but envelopes print in the top left (over the
return
: address.) They look fine in page layout and print preview but actually
print
: completely differently and look awful! Any help appreciated. Thanks
:
:

TF

If you are sharing the printer on the PC, the other PC will have its own
install of the printer driver, so it may still be a corrupt printer driver
on the host PC.

However, just to make sure it isn't something else, start Word in Safe Mode
and test again. From Start, Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Word will start in its default install mode. Test the
envelopes now and let me know if that resolves the problem?

terry

"John" wrote in message
: Thanks for your reply. Actually I also print through this Pc (on a peer
: peer network) and I don't have this problem on the other Pc. I have tried
: deleting styles etc but that doesn't seem to help. The only way is to drag
: the address way over to the bottom right to get it anyway near to centre
: i.e. over compensate.
:
: Regards
:
: John
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: If they look fine in Print Preview, then it is highly likely the printer
: driver that is at fault. Check to see if there is a newer driver
available
: for download and see if it corrects the problem.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "John" wrote in message
: ...
: : Hi I am using Word 2000 but envelopes print in the top left (over the
: return
: : address.) They look fine in page layout and print preview but actually
: print
: : completely differently and look awful! Any help appreciated. Thanks
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

John

You were right all along Terry. It was the printer driver. I assumed that
both PCs used the same one which is why I could not understand how I could
print ok from one PC and not the other especially as that was the local one.
So, thank you very much for your help Terry.

"John" wrote in message
[...]

: "John" wrote in message
: ...
: : Hi I am using Word 2000 but envelopes print in the top left (over

the
: return
: : address.) They look fine in page layout and print preview but

actually
: print
: : completely differently and look awful! Any help appreciated. Thanks
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

TF

You're welcome.

terry

"John" wrote in message
[...]
: "John" wrote in message
: ...
: : Thanks for your reply. Actually I also print through this Pc (on a
peer
: : peer network) and I don't have this problem on the other Pc. I have
: tried
: : deleting styles etc but that doesn't seem to help. The only way is to
: drag
: : the address way over to the bottom right to get it anyway near to
centre
: : i.e. over compensate.
: :
: : Regards
: :
: : John
: :
: : "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: : ...
: : If they look fine in Print Preview, then it is highly likely the
: printer
: : driver that is at fault. Check to see if there is a newer driver
: available
: : for download and see if it corrects the problem.
: :
: : --
: : Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: : http://word.mvps.org/
: :
: : "John" wrote in message
: : ...
: : : Hi I am using Word 2000 but envelopes print in the top left (over
: the
: : return
: : : address.) They look fine in page layout and print preview but
: actually
: : print
: : : completely differently and look awful! Any help appreciated.
Thanks
: : :
: : :
: :