eileene

Default how do i create an address book in word 2003

Could some one please help me. I am trying to creat a address book in word
2003. i don't want outlook. I know it can be done in word thank you

Actually, I don't think it can be done in Word any more. I had one that
worked in Word 2002, but it no longer works in 2003. You can use the Outlook
Contacts list but only, I think, if you have Outlook selected as your
default mail client. Perhaps I'm wrong about this (I certainly hope so), as
I don't use Outlook and so am not familiar with all its features.

"eileene" wrote in message
Could some one please help me. I am trying to creat a address book in

word
2003. i don't want outlook. I know it can be done in word thank you

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Eileene

Why not just use Windows Address Book?..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"eileene" wrote in message
Could some one please help me. I am trying to creat a address book in
word
2003. i don't want outlook. I know it can be done in word thank you

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

..... a pab but not a wab?..

Suzanne, I didn't know that, but if the OP wants an address book, why not
just use Address Book.. it's self contained, and doesn't require diddly to
operate..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Word can't use a .wab, only a .pab. See “WD2000: Which Address Books Can
Be
Used with Word?” at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=269111

so
all may benefit.

"eileene" wrote in message
Could some one please help me. I am trying to creat a address book in
word
2003. i don't want outlook. I know it can be done in word thank you

What Address Book are you referring to?

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
.... a pab but not a wab?..

Suzanne, I didn't know that, but if the OP wants an address book, why not
just use Address Book.. it's self contained, and doesn't require diddly to
operate..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Word can't use a .wab, only a .pab. See “WD2000: Which Address Books Can
Be
Used with Word?” at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=269111

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"eileene" wrote in message
Could some one please help me. I am trying to creat a address book

in
word
2003. i don't want outlook. I know it can be done in word thank

you

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Windows Address Book?.. not much. I will admit, but it can be saved as a csv
file which could be manipulated in Excel and then in a Word table, perhaps..
preliminary tests doing this have not been too successful, but with a little
work, I could maybe get a list that wasn't in triplicate.. :-)

--

"eileene" wrote in message
Could some one please help me. I am trying to creat a address book

in
word
2003. i don't want outlook. I know it can be done in word thank

you

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

So why does it procure a list, some of the entries being duplicated and
other being triplicated?.. one has to wonder if Word makes a good address
book at all, certainly from the view of importing from another type of
address book..

Of course, the OP could create a table in Word and manually enter details..

--

"eileene" wrote in message
Could some one please help me. I am trying to creat a address

book
in
word
2003. i don't want outlook. I know it can be done in word

thank
you

apply a template to existing documents Bubba Gump Shrimp Page Layout 2 July 28th 05 04:46 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I create an address book used for mail merge in Word XP RDOC Mailmerge 0 February 10th 05 04:59 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM