Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julie Parsons Julie Parsons is offline

Default Is there some way to do a character count in a document?

Writing a document that needs less than 2500 characters. How do I do a
character count in a document? HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen Cooper Helen Cooper is offline

Review Tab - word count (on the left hand side) will tell you all the
information you need.

"Julie Parsons" wrote:

Writing a document that needs less than 2500 characters. How do I do a
character count in a document? HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To count characters (words, etc.) in a whole document, don't select
anything. To count part of a document, select that part. Then do the
following: In Word 2007, you can use the Word Count command in the Proofing
group of the Review tab. In Word 97-2003, click Word Count on the Tools
menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Julie Parsons" Julie wrote in message
Writing a document that needs less than 2500 characters. How do I do a
character count in a document? HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

By the way, that's for Word 2007. If you have Word 2003 or earlier, the Word
Count command is on the Tools menu.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Julie Parsons" wrote:

Writing a document that needs less than 2500 characters. How do I do
a character count in a document? HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note also that you can add Word Count to the status bar in Word 2007. It
will show the count for the entire document by default or for the selection
and entire document if text is selected.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
To count characters (words, etc.) in a whole document, don't select
anything. To count part of a document, select that part. Then do the
following: In Word 2007, you can use the Word Count command in the
Proofing group of the Review tab. In Word 97-2003, click Word Count on the
Tools menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Julie Parsons" Julie wrote in message
Writing a document that needs less than 2500 characters. How do I do a
character count in a document? HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yes, having Word Count on the status bar is very useful, but for some reason
I didn't want to share that tip, apparently. g

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP