Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kamran Kamran is offline

Default Document opens Template Help task pane every time

Hello,
I have a document that apparently was originally made using a template, and
every single time I open it, it opens Template Help task pane and I have to
close it manually. How can I stop that thing from showing up?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press F1 to open the Help task pane and click on Online Content Settings...
In the dialog, clear the check box for "Show Template Help automatically
when available."

http://word.mvps.org

"Kamran" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a document that apparently was originally made using a template,
and
every single time I open it, it opens Template Help task pane and I have
close it manually. How can I stop that thing from showing up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kamran Kamran is offline

Perfect. That did the trick.

(Leave it to Microsoft to put the option in some obscure menu......)