Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
James Carter James Carter is offline

Default Mark the record with a date

I want to use mail merge to print out letters to specific customers. I am
able to merge the data from excel, and filter where I need to. What I want to
do, is when I print the merged data, a date is added to the specific records
that were printed. This way, I know who I have sent letters to, and when. Any
Ideas???

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

A way to create such a record would be to use that same filtered data source
with a directory or catalog type mailmerge in the main document of which,
you insert a one row table into the cells of which you insert the required
mergefields and in one cell, insert the data. Then when you execute that
merge to a new document, it will contain a table with a row of data for each
record in the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.