Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Ronk

Default Word 2000 opening some documents slow

I have a strange issue at work where there are a few people who, when they
open certain documents, it takes a minute or more to open the file. We have
profiles set up here, and can log in at any computer. For one of the people,
we tried creating a new profile, but that didn't help. I'm using the old
profile though for testing, and when I logged on at my computer, and opened
the file, it took the usual minute or more to open. But, when I opened the
same file logged in as me, it opened right up, with maybe a slight hicough.
I can't think of anything that would do this, and I can't find anything
either. It has to be something in the profile that does it, but I'm not sure
what. Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Does this happen if the user, logged in, creates and saves a new document,
then tries to open it?

I suspect not. If not, look at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=830561 "Documents that
have attached templates take a long time to open in Word 2002 and
in Word 2003"
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.