Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default next record if id is the same as the last value

Hello,
i've tried searching previous threads but havn't found the answer yet.
we are mail merging a document in word 2003, at the top of the document we
have the address details (invoice header).
Then we have a table where we wish to show the invoice lines relating to
this particular invoice.
how can we do a "next record if "where it looks at the current ID value in
the mail merge( we are merging from an excel doc) to see if it is the same
as the preview ID value.

At present if an invoice has 5 lines then 5 seperate pages are being printed
out.

Please help!!!!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You are trying to perform a "multiple items per condition (=key field)"
mailmerge, which requires a bit more than a straightfoward Word Mailmerge.

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.