Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CeliaJ

Default Mailmerge in Word2003 for Outlook Express 6

I used to be able to create a mail and merge it with a list in Excel to
create a personalised email to a number of recipients. Now with Word2003 and
OE6 it keeps prompting to set up a profile in Outlook, which I'm not keen to
do.. Is there a way of setting OE6 as the default emailing prog for Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

One thing you should do is go into Internet Explorer Tools|Internet
Options|Prroams and verify that OE6 is set up as the default E-mail program
in there. It may not be enough, and I don't know what more you can do if it
isn't, except I suspect it probably involves fixing stuff in the Windows
Registry.

Peter Jamieson

"CeliaJ" wrote in message
I used to be able to create a mail and merge it with a list in Excel to
create a personalised email to a number of recipients. Now with Word2003
and
OE6 it keeps prompting to set up a profile in Outlook, which I'm not keen
do.. Is there a way of setting OE6 as the default emailing prog for Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RRR_News

CeliaJ,
From Word Help:
Create and distribute merged e-mail messages
You can use the Mail Merge Wizard to create a group e-mail distribution.

Note Your system must include a MAPI (MAPI: The Microsoft interface
specification that allows different messaging and workgroup applications
(including e-mail, voice mail, and fax) to work through a single client, such as
the Exchange client included with Windows 95 and Windows NT.)-compatible e-mail
program, such as Microsoft Outlook.

Outlook Express is not considered a MAPI-compatible e-mail program for Word.

--
Have A Good Day
Rich/rerat

(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate