Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BP

Default Mail Merge Templates from Multiple Templates Programmatically

I have a requirement to allow the user to provide multiple templates in the
desired order to my program and my program could mail merge the data to the
provided templates and create the document with data in order.

My idea would be firstly generate one templates from the user provided
templates and then the subsequent action should be like the normal mail
merge process.

Does any body have the samples or idea that how can I merge the provide
templates to become one templates in VB.Net? or Any other suggestions for me
to implement such program?

Thank you very much

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

Joining Word documents that have not been designed to be joined is difficult
when done manually. I would not attempt it with a program.

Designed to be joined means sharing a common set of styles all formatted the
same, or having completely different styles. It means you have to be aware
of headers and footers (up to three per document section) and how they
behave across sections. You would insert a section break (new page) at the
beginning of the last document, insert the next, insert a section break (new
page) at the beginning, and continue inserting.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.