Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Shazznay Patterson

Default How do I set line width for all borders in the table to 1 point

Hi all
Can anyone tell me How do I set the line width for all the borders in the
table to 1 point? It would be appreciated if you can help as I am about to
sit my assessment for PC Passport Level 2 in word.

Cheers
Sharon Dickson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Via the FormatBorders and Shading dialog.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shazznay Patterson" Shazznay wrote in
message ...
Hi all
Can anyone tell me How do I set the line width for all the borders in the
table to 1 point? It would be appreciated if you can help as I am about to
sit my assessment for PC Passport Level 2 in word.

Cheers
Sharon Dickson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The tricky part of this is that you have to choose the line width first,
then apply it. Just changing the line width doesn't affect existing borders.
If you want to apply a uniform border to every cell, select the table and
then, in the Borders and Shading dialog, select the line weight and choose
All. If you have already established the line weight (which is "sticky"),
you can use the All Borders button on the Borders palette on the Formatting
or Tables and Borders toolboar. The latter also has a menu for selecting the
line weight.

"Shazznay Patterson" Shazznay wrote in
message ...
Hi all
Can anyone tell me How do I set the line width for all the borders in the
table to 1 point? It would be appreciated if you can help as I am about to
sit my assessment for PC Passport Level 2 in word.

Cheers
Sharon Dickson

(Mis)alignment of drawing layer grid lines and table borders [email protected] Page Layout 3 April 26th 06 06:09 PM
Table width behavior Al G. Tables 5 October 27th 05 12:08 PM
How to merge data into a table and keep it's contents in line Profjekyll Mailmerge 0 September 15th 05 01:49 PM
Making a Form :: Line Borders / Table Cells with Flowing Text John Microsoft Word Help 1 January 2nd 05 02:42 PM