Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
RichH

Default help on formatting cell on form

When I type into my form into a text field inserted into a cell, and my line
exceeds the width of my cell, it continues to a new line but at the same time
it adds a line to the cell height. There is room in the cell for more lines.
How can I stop it from adding new lines to the page and just use the
available space within the cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Do you have the paragraph formatted with space after it? If it is formatted
with 12pts after it, the cell will be sized to provide that space, which may
look to you like room for another line, but when that line is added, the 12
pts after it also need to be provided for and hence the row height
increases.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"RichH" wrote in message
When I type into my form into a text field inserted into a cell, and my
line
exceeds the width of my cell, it continues to a new line but at the same
time
it adds a line to the cell height. There is room in the cell for more
lines.
How can I stop it from adding new lines to the page and just use the
available space within the cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom

Another thing to consider is the cell margins, which can be reduced in
Table | Table Properties. Note that margins can be specified for all
the cells (on the Table tab, click the Options button), or for
individual cells (on the Cell tab, click the Options button).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Do you have the paragraph formatted with space after it? If it is

formatted
with 12pts after it, the cell will be sized to provide that space,

which may
look to you like room for another line, but when that line is added,

the 12
pts after it also need to be provided for and hence the row height
increases.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my