Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default scrolling problem

I have a minor but annoying problem which may or may not be related to Word
itself.

I am using Word 2002 in a XP Home laptop. Very often when I scroll down a
document using the touchpad it will scroll to a certain point in the
document and refuse to go further down even there is still much more
document to go. If I click lower on that page scrolling resumes normally.
I've clicked on the "show/hide" button but can see nothing special about
where the scrolling stops.

This happens in many documents, not just one, and only seems to happen in
Word. Because this is a laptop I use the touchpad and cannot tell you
whether it would happen with a mouse. Clicking on the scroll bar works to
move down so it only involves using the touchpad to scroll.

Is this a Word bug or problem?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Hi Jeff:

It's not a Word bug.

It does happen on laptops fitted with a touchpad that is configured to
accept a "double tap" instead of a "Left click".

If your finger slips on the touchpad, the system thinks you have clicked in
the document.

Hope this helps

On 30/7/06 10:51 PM, in article ,
"Jeff" wrote:

I have a minor but annoying problem which may or may not be related to Word
itself.

I am using Word 2002 in a XP Home laptop. Very often when I scroll down a
document using the touchpad it will scroll to a certain point in the
document and refuse to go further down even there is still much more
document to go. If I click lower on that page scrolling resumes normally.
I've clicked on the "show/hide" button but can see nothing special about
where the scrolling stops.

This happens in many documents, not just one, and only seems to happen in
Word. Because this is a laptop I use the touchpad and cannot tell you
whether it would happen with a mouse. Clicking on the scroll bar works to
move down so it only involves using the touchpad to scroll.

Is this a Word bug or problem?

Jeff

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jeff Jeff is offline

Thank you.

Jeff

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]" wrote in
message ...