Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

Default Stop tables from imposing "Table Grid" style??

I'm in Word 2002, trying to copy repeating text from one set of cells into
another set. But every time I paste, Word imposes the "Table Grid" style
onto whatever I pasted. I can use the Format Painter to put things back
like I wanted. But is there any way I can stop this behavior?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

What is the default Table AutoFormat for Normal.dot (or whatever template
your document is based on)?

The Table AutoFormat dialog shows:
Category: All table styles
Table styles: Table Grid
All four "Apply To" boxes below are checked.

Ed

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What is the default Table AutoFormat for Normal.dot (or whatever template
your document is based on)?

so
all may benefit.

"Ed" wrote in message
I'm in Word 2002, trying to copy repeating text from one set of cells
into
another set. But every time I paste, Word imposes the "Table Grid" style
onto whatever I pasted. I can use the Format Painter to put things back
like I wanted. But is there any way I can stop this behavior?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Go to Table | Table AutoFormat and choose Table Normal, then click
Default... This will make Table Normal (no borders) the default for all
documents based on the current document or attached template, depending on
your choice.

"Ed" wrote in message
What is the default Table AutoFormat for Normal.dot (or whatever

template
your document is based on)?

The Table AutoFormat dialog shows:
Category: All table styles
Table styles: Table Grid
All four "Apply To" boxes below are checked.

Ed

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What is the default Table AutoFormat for Normal.dot (or whatever

template
your document is based on)?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Ed" wrote in message
I'm in Word 2002, trying to copy repeating text from one set of cells
into
another set. But every time I paste, Word imposes the "Table Grid"

style
onto whatever I pasted. I can use the Format Painter to put things

back
like I wanted. But is there any way I can stop this behavior?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

I may not have been clear enough, Suzanne - sorry about that. It's not the
style of the table itself - the borders and such. Pasting somehow triggers
Words to change the Style of the text from Body Text 2 to Table Grid. The
text is pasted in as copied, and then magically change to a different font
and size.

"Ed" wrote in message
I'm in Word 2002, trying to copy repeating text from one set of cells
into
another set. But every time I paste, Word imposes the "Table Grid"

style
onto whatever I pasted. I can use the Format Painter to put things

back
like I wanted. But is there any way I can stop this behavior?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you set Table Normal as the default AutoFormat, I think you'll find
this
helps.

Sorry, Suzanne, but it didn't help. A Paste still reformatted the text.

so
all may benefit.

"Ed" wrote in message
I'm in Word 2002, trying to copy repeating text from one set of

cells
into
another set. But every time I paste, Word imposes the "Table Grid"
style
onto whatever I pasted. I can use the Format Painter to put things
back
like I wanted. But is there any way I can stop this behavior?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

If it's any further help, I copied four rows. Ctrl+V pasted them in, and
they changed text format. Highlight and Ctrl+Drag copied them with no
change in format.

Ed

"Ed" wrote in message
I'm in Word 2002, trying to copy repeating text from one set of

cells
into
another set. But every time I paste, Word imposes the "Table
Grid"
style
onto whatever I pasted. I can use the Format Painter to put
things
back
like I wanted. But is there any way I can stop this behavior?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'm afraid I can't help further on this because I don't have the experience
or the expertise, but you might try posting in the
microsoft.public.word.tables group instead.