Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default Is it possible??

Using Word 2002, I have two documents, A and B. I need to keep them
independent of each other, but I also need to somehow link them together so
that when I print A, B will also print. A is three and a half pages, so B
must start at the top of page five.
Is it possible to do this?

Thanks
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

Paul:

You might try creating a third document with two IncludeText fields, one for
Doc A and one for Doc B. This will allow you to work on either doc
completely separate and independent of each other, but print both just by
printing the third doc.

Ed

"PA" wrote in message
news
Using Word 2002, I have two documents, A and B. I need to keep them
independent of each other, but I also need to somehow link them together
so
that when I print A, B will also print. A is three and a half pages, so B
must start at the top of page five.
Is it possible to do this?

Thanks
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Thank you Ed, this works perfectly for me.
One unfortunate aspect however, is that the file(s) need to be used by over
three hundred users. They all have different network logins and/or different
Windows user names. This may make it impossible to specify a consistant path
to the files in the IncludeText field. Any suggestions on this problem would
be appreciated.

"Ed" wrote:

Paul:

You might try creating a third document with two IncludeText fields, one for
Doc A and one for Doc B. This will allow you to work on either doc
completely separate and independent of each other, but print both just by
printing the third doc.

Ed

news