Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
princessgeorge princessgeorge is offline

Default changing page 3 w/o affecting pages 2 or 4 (lock pages)

I'm curious to know if there's way where you can change the format of your
word document to hold information on one page only at a time so that your
text didn't overflow onto the next page. For example, I'm trying to use each
page as its own document where I can add, change or delete things without
affecting the next page. If you understand what I'm talking about or think
you do, please email me with a possible answer... and if you know that
there's no way to do this, tell me too so I can move on with another idea.

With thanks,
p george
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What you describe sounds a bit to me like an Acrobat or Reader text field on
a form, where you keep typing and it autosizes the text to fit the defined
box. I don't know whether you could create forms or text boxes in Word to
act like that. Someone else may.

In general, Word *really* doesn't work the way you want it to. You could
kinda force it, by inserting page breaks and constantly manually changing
the size of the text to keep it at one page. This is unlikely to look
pretty, it's not going to print out consistently if you are cutting it close
and transporting the doc to different people/printers, and it's likely to
drive you crazy if you edit this doc a lot. Basically, Word doesn't really
know what a page is, so you'd be struggling against the built-in design of
Word. More info on that:
http://word.mvps.org/Mac/PagesInWord.html

Maybe if you say a little bit more about *why* you need this, what you are
going to do with it, or what kind of information you are dealing with,
someone can suggest something more helpful.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

A simple way to keep text from flowing to the next page is to use a
border-less table with fixed dimensions. In this case, three
single-cell tables (one for each page) should work.

To set a fixed height for a table row, use Table | Table Properties.
On the Row tab, check "Specify height" and type the desired value, and
choose "Exactly" for "Row height is."

If you are in fact trying to create a form, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/LinesInForms.htm. For more
"power," see also the linked articles (by Dian Chapman) about
protected forms.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP