Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SimoninEaston SimoninEaston is offline

Default tables breaking over pages

Hi Folks, I am hoping you can advise me on this topic - it seems to be
troublesome for a lot of paople here at my office... When I create a
new document, listing step-by-step instructions for users we support,
we layout the page using one long table. Each row contains a couple of
bullet points and maybe a small screen shot. A typical document is 4 or
5 pages long. Ideally the table should continue seemlessly from the
first to the last page, with breaks mid-row for the pages ( in Table
Properties | Row, the check-box allowing such mid-row page breaks is
carefully checked, in every row). However, what I often end up with is
1 or more pages with rows extending down half of the page, followed by
half a page of empty space because for some reason I don't understand,
the next row is forced onto the next page, even if it is not big enough
to need to occupy a new page :-(
I hope you can picture what I mean from the above description - any
ideas about how I keep the whole table together without the extra
"page-breaks"
Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm

Ok Suzanne, Thanks for that link - after an afternoon of experimenting,
I am begining to make some headway here... :-)
Simon,
UK