Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rozonus Rozonus is offline

Default Formatting selected text auto-applies to all text!

Hello...

I have been struggling with a problem in a user's copy of Office 2003 that I
can fix in mine but not theirs.

The problem is that if the user tries to format a highlighted section of
text in a Word document, it automatically formats all the text. An example of
this is if the user wants to give one line of text a bullet point. They will
highlight the text line and press the 'Bullets' button on the Formatting tool
bar, but then every line in the document is given bullet points. The stranger
thing to me, is that if they use the Undo option, it removes the bullet
points from every line eccept one that was highlighted.

Similar things happen with any text formatting option such as setting
selected text to be Bold, but I can't find any formatting options which force
it to change the entire document.

I would just reinstall Word 2003 to see if a clean intsallation helps, but
the same issue happens on the user's home PC, so I can only assume it is a
setting.

Thanks for any help,
Rozonus.