Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Turck Turck is offline

Default formating footnotes?

How do I nudge footnotes further down the page? I want to fit more content
on the page. However the footnote is forcing text from the document to the

While at the same time there appears white space beneath the footnotes.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Turck Turck is offline

Dear Suzanne,
Thanks for your reply. I read your "Bottom Line" article before requesting
help. I read the article again. Your article probably contains my answer,
however I can't completely comprehend what I should do.

At the risk of boring you, here is some background. I am making some
homework problems for students. I format my solutions within the document as
hidden text.

For page breaks, instead of "Page break" I typically use Section break types

Word habit.

My sections are formatted to .5" top and bottom. Both sections have the
same header, both sections have page numbers at the bottom.

In Section 1, the Footnote Separator bar hits at about 8 7/8" on the ruler.
The footnote area of Section 1 includes 2 footnotes using 3 lines of text in
total.

In Section 2 the Footnote Separator bar hits at about 9.5" on the ruler.
The footnote area of Section 2 is one footnote (one line of text).

My issue is with Section 1, I'd like the Section 1 Footnote Separator bar to
hit further down the page.

Finally, I did monkey with the FormatParagraphExactly command, but
apparently not correctly.

Thanks for reading.
Turck

"Turck" wrote in message
How do I nudge footnotes further down the page? I want to fit more

content
on the page. However the footnote is forcing text from the document to

While at the same time there appears white space beneath the footnotes.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are you sure you have footnotes set to "Bottom of page" and not "Below
text"?

"Turck" wrote in message
Dear Suzanne,
Thanks for your reply. I read your "Bottom Line" article before

requesting
help. I read the article again. Your article probably contains my

answer,
however I can't completely comprehend what I should do.

At the risk of boring you, here is some background. I am making some
homework problems for students. I format my solutions within the document

as
hidden text.

For page breaks, instead of "Page break" I typically use Section break

types

bad

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Turck" wrote in message
How do I nudge footnotes further down the page? I want to fit more

content
on the page. However the footnote is forcing text from the document

While at the same time there appears white space beneath the

footnotes.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Turck Turck is offline

Hi,
The footnotes are set to "BoP". I changed Vertical alignment from Top to
Center and that has fixed the problem. Thanks for your assistance.
Sincerely,
Turck