Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
SANTANDER SANTANDER is offline

Default Word formatting problem

I need do some editing of PDF doc(ebook) so I converted this pdf file into
word doc with pdf2word utility. The output was something close to original
pdf. But some elements has been broken: chapter contents aligning was
broken, like this:

chapter1......................2
chapter2..............3
chapter4.............................4

there is many chapters, dont know how to justify numbers at the right.
Then, I need remove few pages and some pieces of text. When i tried to
remove some piece of text, this affect on formatting: formatting break, some
words inside paragraf have different font, and so on. I also want change
font of whole document, but it have few styles, which is diferent font size,
and some elemts is different font family. When I select all doc and then try
set another font type, this affect on formatting again, it break, and after
saving this doc it size growing up to 100Mb. Is there way get corrrect
formatting of whole doc file with word, or I need edit pdf file with Adobe
Acrobat?

regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

PDF is a graphical format that is not intended to be edited. Conversion back
to Word is always going to produce this kind of formatting disaster. Your
best bet is to get original document - or you will have a lot of remedial
work to perform.