Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sara Sara is offline

Default Mail Merge Spacing Restriction

Question: We need to have the following spacing format.
Date
- Space
Special Handling field
- Space
Name 1
Name 2
Name 3
Address 1
Address 2
City, State Zip

However, we do not always have a special handling field and we would like
that restricted, but still keep one space between name one and date. How do
we accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Sara,

Here's one way:
1. Make a copy of the Special Handling field, so that you've got two instances of it side by side, thus
2. Select both copies and press Ctrl-F9. This wraps your fields in a new one, thus
3. Fill in & around the field braces, thus
"}
paying careful attention to the spacing and quote characters
4. Press F9 to update.
5. Run your mailmerge.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Sara" wrote in message ...
Question: We need to have the following spacing format.
Date
- Space
Special Handling field
- Space
Name 1
Name 2
Name 3
Address 1
Address 2
City, State Zip

However, we do not always have a special handling field and we would like
that restricted, but still keep one space between name one and date. How do
we accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Oh, and delete the space preceding your Special Handling field.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

Mail Merge and Spacing David New Users 1 September 20th 07 02:48 PM
Mail Merge Label Spacing Aussiebod Mailmerge 4 August 19th 07 08:10 AM
spacing between paragraphs in mail merge sierralightfoot Mailmerge 1 July 7th 07 05:30 PM
How do I correct spacing in a mail merge? WJRose Mailmerge 1 July 5th 07 07:22 PM
Form field spacing in a Word/Excel mail merge Groovykimu Mailmerge 1 August 23rd 05 01:04 PM