Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
msslvz msslvz is offline

Default how do you merge mailing list with online templates?

I want to use some of the online Christmas address labels templates but do I
have if I try to merge from the contact list it doesn't work. Do I have to
make up fields and put them into the template or what. I am at a loss.
Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A label template is merely a document containing a table. You can use such a
document as the basis for a label merge - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

You have not said what doesn't work, but I suspect that you have been thrown
by the entries

Name
Address
City, State Zip

that appear in all the cells of some of the downloadable label templates.
These are not fields but text. If you select the entries in Outlook
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm and from the merge dialog
create a permanent contact data file. You can use that as the data source
for a conventional label merge. Replace the text entries

Name
Address
City, State Zip

in the top left cell (A1) with your merge fields from your data source and
then when you propagate the labels the text in the other labels will be
replaced by what you enter in cell A1.

msslvz wrote:
I want to use some of the online Christmas address labels templates
but do I have if I try to merge from the contact list it doesn't
work. Do I have to make up fields and put them into the template or
what. I am at a loss. Please help.

How can I generate a list of templates and associated merge docs JenniGreenTeeth Microsoft Word Help 0 October 17th 07 06:21 PM
Mail Merge Mailing List Karl Mailmerge 2 June 11th 07 09:10 PM
mailing list merge problems MilnerAir Mailmerge 4 November 14th 05 02:56 PM
How to merge from a list and have templates in more than one langu Alex James Mailmerge 1 March 21st 05 03:12 PM