Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Del Del is offline

Default Mail merge with Word 2000

I'm trying to print address labels with Word 2000 mail merge. Everything
seems to work ok until I try to print the merged document. At this time the
printer light starts blinking as it always does when I'm printing something.
But it never prints. I've also noticed that the printer status in the
Printers and Faxes window indicates that the printer is out of paper. The
printer is a HP LaserJet with two paper options, a main tray and an envelop
slot. I've set the paper source to all three settings, one at a time, with
the same results. Help.
--
Thank you,
Del
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It would appear that the label merge is attempting to use manual feed. Merge
to a new document then check the page setup of that document to ensure that
it is set to the paper tray and not to manual feed.

Del wrote:
I'm trying to print address labels with Word 2000 mail merge.
Everything seems to work ok until I try to print the merged document.
At this time the printer light starts blinking as it always does when
I'm printing something. But it never prints. I've also noticed that
the printer status in the Printers and Faxes window indicates that
the printer is out of paper. The printer is a HP LaserJet with two
paper options, a main tray and an envelop slot. I've set the paper
source to all three settings, one at a time, with the same results.
Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Del Del is offline

Thank you. I was looking in the printer options & properties. Didn't even
think about the doc page setup.

Thanks again, it works great.
--
Thank you,