Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Slim Slim is offline

Default Mail merge date field formats in word

I am trying to print a date in a word merged document with a UK date format
(DD/MM/YYYY). However, the date is displayed in a US format (MM/DD/YYYY).

I have checked the regional settings on the PC/laptop and have looked at the
date formats in the Access database where the merge data is stored, but to no
avail.

Any advice greatly appreciated...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Big Mac Big Mac is offline

Right click on the field in word and Edit the field code to look something
like
{ "MERGEFIELD "YourDateFieldName" \@"dd,MM,yyyy"} be careful to use caps
where necessary
--
Hope this helps :-)

"Slim" wrote:

I am trying to print a date in a word merged document with a UK date format
(DD/MM/YYYY). However, the date is displayed in a US format (MM/DD/YYYY).

I have checked the regional settings on the PC/laptop and have looked at the
date formats in the Access database where the merge data is stored, but to no
avail.

Any advice greatly appreciated...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Exactly like { MERGEFIELD YourDateFieldName \@ "dd/MM/yyyy"} would give the
requested format!

Big Mac wrote:
Right click on the field in word and Edit the field code to look
something like
{ "MERGEFIELD "YourDateFieldName" \@"dd,MM,yyyy"} be careful to use
caps where necessary

I am trying to print a date in a word merged document with a UK date
format (DD/MM/YYYY). However, the date is displayed in a US format
(MM/DD/YYYY).

I have checked the regional settings on the PC/laptop and have
looked at the date formats in the Access database where the merge
data is stored, but to no avail.

Any advice greatly appreciated...

Mail merge with Word 2003 and SQL 2005 on a date and time field. [email protected] Mailmerge 4 June 13th 07 06:10 PM
How can I maintain Excel date formats in a mail merge? MKLeisure Mailmerge 1 August 30th 05 08:09 PM
Mail Merge Date field Ruud van Buren Mailmerge 3 June 16th 05 03:12 PM
Date mail merge field KL Mailmerge 1 April 12th 05 11:51 AM
How do I filter a Dbase date field in a word mail merge documnet? SMATKINS Mailmerge 0 January 27th 05 04:09 PM