Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Antonio[_2_] Antonio[_2_] is offline

Default Paragraph begins in a new page

In word 2003, while writing text, the sheet, was plenty until margins
permit...inclusive when you use two or mero different font /formatting

Now, in 2007, when use font style up to 2/3 of the sheet, and there change
to a new style, the paragraph begins on the next sheet, is a terrifying
thing.

I can use only Normal Style, and format every paragraph manually, whot this,
all the document is a whole style, but, when a paragraph is biogger than the
free space letf in the sheet, Again, the paragraph begins on the next
sheet...

I want to write in one or more styles, and breack the paragraphs, in order
to each page be full of text inside margin limits, i do not want half or 3/4
pages...

Please sorry my bad english, I'm from Mexico

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
DeanH DeanH is offline

Check that the styles you are using don't have "Page break before" paragraph
setting applied. Also check the others that culd be affecting your paragraph,
such as "Keep lines together" and "Keep with next". These can push the
paragraph to the next page, very useful - when wanted ;-)
Also as a possiblity check the vertical alignment, under Pge Setup, is not
"Center".
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Antonio" wrote:

In word 2003, while writing text, the sheet, was plenty until margins
permit...inclusive when you use two or mero different font /formatting

Now, in 2007, when use font style up to 2/3 of the sheet, and there change
to a new style, the paragraph begins on the next sheet, is a terrifying
thing.

I can use only Normal Style, and format every paragraph manually, whot this,
all the document is a whole style, but, when a paragraph is biogger than the
free space letf in the sheet, Again, the paragraph begins on the next
sheet...

I want to write in one or more styles, and breack the paragraphs, in order
to each page be full of text inside margin limits, i do not want half or 3/4
pages...

Please sorry my bad english, I'm from Mexico

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Hello Antonio

Antonio wrote:
I found It!!! than you.... was the "Control of widow and orphan lines"

FWIW, that setting has been active as per default, in the Normal style
(and hence in most paragraph styles in use) for as long as I can
remember -- certainly since Word 97.

Greetings
Robert
--