Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Mark Forman / DRC, TRCT[_2_] Mark Forman / DRC, TRCT[_2_] is offline

Default Rogue Toolbar

Hello...

When I open Word 2003 on my work machine...(my company has an archiving
database/free-standing server system known as 'DocStar')...a small DocStar
Toolbar appears on it's own horizontal line (all by itself), underneath my
regular Toolbars. The remainder of that space is empty. This is as
annoying as fresh s_it on a hot, sunny day. (sorry).

I thought...OK, I'll just move it to the end of an existing Toolbar, where
it has enough space to squeeze in on the right (& thereby eliminate the need
for an almost empty horizontal space at the top of the page...giving me more
real estate for the documents themselves). But...that only works while the
app is open. When I close out the program; & then reopen it...there it is
AGAIN !!!

So...here is what I DO NOT want to do to solve the problem (&...I realize
this is not the best approach, but...)...

1) I am not allowed to mess around w/ our DocStar server...so I can't cure
it from that end. [And also...it happens w/ Adobe 'Reader' & MacMillian
Publishing's 'Webster's New World Dictionary'...so I need to fix this
problem from within the affected application...not the app of origin.]

2) If I have to write a Macro in order to fix it...I would like that to be
as straightforward (easy) as possible...'cause I'm not a programmer (but I
CAN follow directions really well).

Any help along these lines will be appreciated.

Thanks very much,

mark4man

Rogue Toolbar Mark Forman / DRC, TRCT[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 1 March 26th 08 07:31 AM
'rogue' styles? JethroUK Microsoft Word Help 2 January 18th 08 11:55 PM
'rogue' styles? JethroUK New Users 2 January 18th 08 11:55 PM
Sneaky, rogue paragraph marks John in Riverbank Microsoft Word Help 2 June 19th 06 05:09 PM
Rogue copy files roccov New Users 1 July 11th 05 11:37 AM