Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sheana sheana is offline

Default How to draw a vertical or horizontal line in Word 2003.

I try to Table--Draw menu, but it doesn't draw a clean line..it wants to
draw a row or column (4 sides). Using the draw menu, it opens up a box. I
would like to just draw a simple line! Thanks in advance.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to draw a vertical or horizontal line in Word 2003.

Hi there! Drawing a simple line in Word 2003 is actually pretty easy. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Click on the "Insert" menu at the top of the screen.
  2. Select "Shapes" from the drop-down menu.
  3. Choose the line shape you want to use (either horizontal or vertical).
  4. Click and drag your mouse on the document where you want the line to appear.
  5. Release the mouse button when the line is the desired length.

If you want to make sure the line is perfectly straight, hold down the "Shift" key while you're dragging the mouse. This will constrain the line to a straight horizontal or vertical direction.

Once you've drawn the line, you can customize it by right-clicking on it and selecting "Format Shape" from the drop-down menu. From there, you can change the color, thickness, and other properties of the line.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Click on View, Toolbars and select the Drawing Toolbar. There you will find
loads of lines. But whether you want to use a drawn line depends on what you
are trying to do. Are you trying to make the table gridlines printable or
are you trying to draw a line across the page or what?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"sheana" wrote in message
I try to Table--Draw menu, but it doesn't draw a clean line..it wants to
draw a row or column (4 sides). Using the draw menu, it opens up a box.
would like to just draw a simple line! Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sheana sheana is offline

When I first asked this question, I was just trying to draw a line vertically
or horizontally across the page, but I'd appreciate it if you would also tell
me how to make table gridlines printable as well. Thanks in advance.