Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Default Find Dialog problems

I'm using Word XP. My Find dialog is defaulting to HIGHLIGHT. I change it, then everytime I press a button or enter
something new, it defaults to find Highlighted and replace Highlighted. This behavior is not continuous. There are times
when it works fine. It is intermittent even within the same document.
This may have resulted from a wayward macro that I created. I tried to create a macro that would find highlighted items
when I pressed the button. I was hoping it would do so without invoking the dialog box. Since it did not, I deleted the
macro.
It may also have resulted from a failed attempt to assign ^k as a keyboard shortcut to find highlighted items. Again,
the shortcut would not work within the dialog box, so I removed the shortcut.
I would like to rest my fine/replace to the default options. I don't know how to do that. Can somebody help?
Thank you!

Lady Dungeness
Out of Danger until September
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Do you have Adobe Acrobat? ISTR that the behavior you describe is the result
of running Acrobat's PDFMaker (or some other totally unrelated action having
nothing to do with Find).

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Yes, I have Acrobat. I've had it installed for a few years. Never saw that behavior before. But I did just create some new
templates. How do I trouble-shoot this to be sure, and then how do I fix it? Thanks for your help!

On Mon, 19 May 2008 08:20:22 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have Adobe Acrobat? ISTR that the behavior you describe is the result
of running Acrobat's PDFMaker (or some other totally unrelated action having
nothing to do with Find).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

I may be remembering wrong, and now that I think of it, it was Underline
that kept getting set in my case. I haven't seen the issue recently so
perhaps a recent Acrobat or Office update has fixed it? The only thing I can
suggest is that you keep your eyes open. After creating a PDF, run Find
immediately to see if you see that behavior.

wrote:

Do you have Adobe Acrobat? ISTR that the behavior you describe is the
result
of running Acrobat's PDFMaker (or some other totally unrelated action
having
nothing to do with Find).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Hi Suzanne,

I haven't seen that behavior for a few days; I'll keep this thread and respond back in a couple of weeks.