Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Default Even worse ... Options resetting themselves

AVG reports no virus. But my Word XP options are resetting themselves back to defaults. So now, it's find/replace dialogs
defaulting to formats and words I used earlier, despite my commands to the contrary, and toolbars moving around.

Something is wrong.

Lady Dungeness
Out of Danger until September
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can try deleting the Data key in the registry (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...gMenusEtc.htm). If you find that
you have to do this often, you can record a macro when setting the desired
options and then place the code inside an AutoOpen macro in normal.dot
(examples can be found at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP