Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kmcnet kmcnet is offline

Default Extendingn masthead across page width

Hello Everyone and thanks for your help in advance. I am creating a document
where I would like to create a colored box, approximately one inch high, that
starts at the top edge of the page and extends to both the left and right
edges of each page. I have tried using tables and textboxes without success,
either leaving margins at the top or sides. Can someone please tell me how
to go about doingn this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It cannot be done because of a limitation imposed by your printer, which is
not able to print all the way to the edges of the paper.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"kmcnet" wrote in message
Hello Everyone and thanks for your help in advance. I am creating a
document
where I would like to create a colored box, approximately one inch high,
that
starts at the top edge of the page and extends to both the left and right
edges of each page. I have tried using tables and textboxes without
success,
either leaving margins at the top or sides. Can someone please tell me
how
to go about doingn this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kmcnet kmcnet is offline

Thank you for the response. In due respect, I am not sure this is the case
since I get the same effect using Print Preview. I don't think the preview
shows printer limitations.

"kmcnet" wrote in message
Hello Everyone and thanks for your help in advance. I am creating a
document
where I would like to create a colored box, approximately one inch high,
that
starts at the top edge of the page and extends to both the left and right
edges of each page. I have tried using tables and textboxes without
success,
either leaving margins at the top or sides. Can someone please tell me
how
to go about doingn this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes, it does. That's what it's meant to do, to show you exactly what will
print. Even if you create a graphic or background or whatever that extends
to the edge of the page, looking just as you want it in Print Layout view,
Print Preview will show a white margin representing the unprintable area
determined by the printer you have selected. It gets this information from
the printer driver.

"kmcnet" wrote in message
Hello Everyone and thanks for your help in advance. I am creating a
document
where I would like to create a colored box, approximately one inch
high,
that
starts at the top edge of the page and extends to both the left and
right
edges of each page. I have tried using tables and textboxes without
success,
either leaving margins at the top or sides. Can someone please tell me
how
to go about doingn this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is easy to prove if you have a PDF driver added to Windows eg PrimoPDF
or Acrobat. Set the active printer to the PDF driver and the graphic will
fill the page to the edge. The PDF created from the document too will
display to the edge. It still wont print to the edge because of the
printer's limitations.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

It cannot be done because of a limitation imposed by your printer,
which is
not able to print all the way to the edges of the paper.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP