Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
oubape oubape is offline

Default File - Page Setup

Can someone help with these two queries please.

1. I have lost the 'Page Setup' option from the standard toolbar.
When you click File, in the drop down menu there are the usual options..
New, Open, Close, Save, Save As, Print etc etc.

Until an hour ago I also had Page Setup.

That has now disappeared and I can't establish
what happened or reset it in any way.
Infuriating to say the least

2. In Word document my margins are set at 2,5cm.
However, I cannot type to the end of the line.
At about 7-8cm from the edge of the page the text moves onto the next line,
regardless on how short a word you are typing.
I have not been able to find a setting that would alter this.
It never use to happen, and some of my older documents are still OK,
allowing me to type to the edge.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

--
oubape
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To regain the lost command... Tools - Customize - Toolbars tab. Click on
Menu Bar, then click Reset.

For the other problem... try renaming Normal.dot as oldnormal.dot. Then
start Word. Word will create a new one, which will re-establish the original
default formatting. This will fix the problem, most likely, but it won't in
itself tell you what caused it. To do that...

Once done, compare the style(s) in question (the old Normal.dot versus the
new one), to see what differences there are. (I.e., create a new document
based on the old normal.dot, another new document based on the pristine
normal.dot, and compare the style settings to see how they differ.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"oubape" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
oubape oubape is offline

Thank you!
I've sorted out the first problem.

As for the second one..
.... try renaming Normal.dot as oldnormal.dot.

How do I do this?

--
oubape

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Tools - Options - File Locations - User templates. Note this location, and
close Word.

Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the noted location. Normal.dot will
reside in the User templates folder. Click on it, press F2, press the Home
key, type "old" so that it's added to the beginning of Normal.dot (now
becomes oldNormal.dot), and press Enter.

Then, restart Word to see if the problem is fixed.

--

"oubape" wrote in message
Thank you!
I've sorted out the first problem.

As for the second one..
.... try renaming Normal.dot as oldnormal.dot.

How do I do this?

--
oubape

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
oubape oubape is offline

Thank you!!
Great.. it worked
--
oubape

"oubape" wrote in message
Thank you!
I've sorted out the first problem.

As for the second one..
.... try renaming Normal.dot as oldnormal.dot.

How do I do this?

--
oubape

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Clint Clint is offline

Default Multiple Instances of "File - Page Setup"

Herb - Thanks. I wanted to note that your fix also corrected a problem I was
having with multiple instances of File-Page Setup...

--
- Clint Banner