Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris Chris is offline

Default Viewing in Word 2003 after Changes Made in 2007

I have 2007, but have made revisions to docs, and saved them down as other
readers have Word 2003. But these readers are having problems when they view
it€¦.There are text boxes(only some, and I checked the size - they are the
same size as other text boxes) that are viewing as bigger than what they
should be, but they are fine on my end.

Some are complaining that content on the bottom of pages goes into the next
page€¦.I tried deleting a line, and that doesnt work€¦.
He has even sent back the same document that he was seeing this on, and it
opens fine on my end€¦.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm
If the document is for viewing only download the PDF/XPS plug-in and send
the documents in PDF format.

Chris wrote:
I have 2007, but have made revisions to docs, and saved them down as
other readers have Word 2003. But these readers are having problems
when they view it..There are text boxes(only some, and I checked the
size - they are the same size as other text boxes) that are viewing
as bigger than what they should be, but they are fine on my end.

Some are complaining that content on the bottom of pages goes into
the next page..I tried deleting a line, and that doesn't work..
He has even sent back the same document that he was seeing this on,
and it opens fine on my end..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If they are to be editable documents, you may have a problem. You should
save in Word97-2003 format with the compatibility option set. Better still
might have been to create the forms in Word 2003, but provided you stick
with legacy form fields you should be OK - but ultimately you will still
have the problem detailed in the link I posted in my previous response.

Chris wrote:
I have 2007, but have made revisions to docs, and saved them down as
other readers have Word 2003. But these readers are having problems
when they view it..There are text boxes(only some, and I checked the
size - they are the same size as other text boxes) that are viewing
as bigger than what they should be, but they are fine on my end.

Some are complaining that content on the bottom of pages goes into
the next page..I tried deleting a line, and that doesn't work..
He has even sent back the same document that he was seeing this on,
and it opens fine on my end..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Xristoph Xristoph is offline

Having the same problem here...

Created a word form with 2007, using only legacy form elements to be
careful (ha, not my first problem with MS Office anyway) instead of
activex stuff. Form fields are inside a table for formatting reasons
(I hate tabs...). When another user opens it with Word 2003, the form
entry fields are 3-4x the height they should be for some reason, and
it's even worse: after unlocking the form in word 2003, the table rows
cannot be resized, seems the form fields have fixed size now for some
weird reason.

Any ideas?