Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Rex Basham Rex Basham is offline

Default Super-Quick Navigation / Links on the left?

Hi All - I'm relatively new to Word 2007, but I'm a heavy user of prior
versions. I write technical specs for a living, and deal with fairly
lengthy documents (100 pages or so). I want a method to navigate through
all parts of my document - super quickly if possible. One idea I have is to
set up clickable links on the left side of my screen, and as I click them
the actual document that displays in the middle/right would then go there.
Is there a way to do this AND/OR does anyone have other suggestions for
super-quick navigation? Thanks very much- this will be a huge help to me.
Rex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Rex Basham Rex Basham is offline

Hi All - Rex here again - I just discovered the "Document Map" feature -
which will be a huge help.
I'm also aware of using Bookmarks.
Anyone else have other suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Rex

"Rex Basham" wrote in message
Hi All - I'm relatively new to Word 2007, but I'm a heavy user of prior
versions. I write technical specs for a living, and deal with fairly
lengthy documents (100 pages or so). I want a method to navigate through
all parts of my document - super quickly if possible. One idea I have is
to set up clickable links on the left side of my screen, and as I click
them the actual document that displays in the middle/right would then go
there. Is there a way to do this AND/OR does anyone have other suggestions
for super-quick navigation? Thanks very much- this will be a huge help to
me.
Rex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Hi Rex

Rex Basham wrote:
Hi All - Rex here again - I just discovered the "Document Map" feature -
which will be a huge help.
I'm also aware of using Bookmarks.
Anyone else have other suggestions?

the Document Map is fine for this sort of thing. Outline View is another
approach (might take a little bit more time to get used to).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |