Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Rich Hall Rich Hall is offline

Default Final vs. Final Showing Marking

How can I set word 2007 to not show markups by default? I always have to
tell it not to show the markups.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Wellllll, yes & no :-)

In Word Options Trust Center click the Trust Center Settings button &
select Privacy in the left column. There's a checkbox labeled "Make hidden
markup visible when opening or saving". You can clear the check - BUT - the
group it's in is explicitly captioned Document-specific Settings & I've
**not** found that to be the case. Having tested it in several 2007
installations the setting change always applies globally, not to just the
document open at the time. Unless someone else can explain where I'm going
wrong I'd avoid it like the plague.

Besides, "hiding" the marup doesn't remove it from the document, so even if
the setting worked as advertised anyone who opens the document would still
have the option to display the markup. Also, if you can't see it it's easier
to forget it's there, which makes it imperative that every document be
checked before release in order to avoid embarrasing & costly revelations
that continue to lurk beneath the surface.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Rich Hall" wrote in message
How can I set word 2007 to not show markups by default? I always have to
tell it not to show the markups.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Also answered in the word.newusers group - please don't post the same
question in multiple groups. It makes it more difficult for you to collect
your answers & wastes the time of those who respond to a question which has
already been answered. If appropriate to do so please learn to cross-post to
multiple groups.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones