Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
CSC CSC is offline

Default Tables in Word - Adding rows to forms

I'm creating a form with a table and would like to be able to add rows to the
protected form. The saved form would have one or two rows, and the user
could add as many rows as needed to the table. Does anyone know how to do
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Here's a macro that does that, showing how to deal with varying types of
formfields in the row:

' Macro created 02/02/03 by Doug Robbins
' To add a new row to a table containing formfields in every column
' automatically on exit from the last cell in the present last row of
the
Table
Dim rownum As Long, i As Long
Dim Response
Response = MsgBox("Do you need to add another row to the table?", _
vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbDefaultButton2, "Add another Row")
If Response = vbYes Then ' User chose Yes.
With ActiveDocument
.Unprotect
With Selection.Tables(1)
.Rows.Add
rownum = .Rows.Count
For i = 1 To .Columns.Count
ActiveDocument.FormFields.Add Range:=.Cell(rownum,i).Range,
_
Type:=wdFieldFormTextInput
Next i
.Cell(.Rows.Count, .Columns.Count).Range.FormFields _
(1).ExitMacro = "addRow"
.Cell(.Rows.Count, 1).Range.FormFields(1).Select
End With
.Protect Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True
End With
Else ' User chose No.
Exit Sub
End If

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"CSC" wrote in message
I'm creating a form with a table and would like to be able to add rows to
the
protected form. The saved form would have one or two rows, and the user
could add as many rows as needed to the table. Does anyone know how to do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ross @ CooperInd Ross @ CooperInd is offline

What if your table row contains Drop down form fields and check box form
fields? Your solution only adds empty text form fields. I would like to
have a macro that determined what the column had and repeated it for the next
column. The only solution I have come up with is leaving a blank row and
then copying that row. This works but if the users need to insert a row in
the middle it will copy the below row.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ross ross is offline

I figured this out by playing around a bit. The below code will create a new
row in a table with the same field types. So if the table contain text, drop
down or check boxs does not matter. It also brings in all the selection
options from the drop down and set it to the first item in the drop down.

Sub addrow3()
' Macro created 04/07/03 by Ross Vanevenhoven
' To add a new row to a table containing text, Drop Down or Check formfields
in every column
' automatically on exit from the last cell in the present last row of the
Table
Dim rownum As Integer, i As Integer
response = MsgBox("Do you need another row?", 36, "Add Row")
If response = vbYes Then
ActiveDocument.Unprotect
With Selection.Tables(1)
FormFieldsCount = .Range.FormFields.Count
.Rows.Add
rownum = .Rows.Count
For i = 1 To .Columns.Count
Select Case .Range.FormFields(i).Type
Case wdFieldFormTextInput
.Cell(rownum, i).Range.FormFields.Add Range:=.Cell(rownum,
i).Range, Type:=wdFieldFormTextInput
Case wdFieldFormDropDown
.Cell(rownum - 1, i).Range.Copy
.Cell(rownum, i).Range.Paste
.Range.FormFields(FormFieldsCount + i).DropDown.Value = 1
Case wdFieldFormCheckBox
.Cell(rownum, i).Range.FormFields.Add Range:=.Cell(rownum,
i).Range, Type:=wdFieldFormCheckBox
End Select
Next i
.Cell(.Rows.Count, 1).Range.FormFields(1).Select
.Cell(.Rows.Count, .Columns.Count).Range.FormFields(1).ExitMacro =
"addrow3"
End With
ActiveDocument.Protect Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True
End If
End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Worsty[_2_] Worsty[_2_] is offline

Ross:

When I use this code I get a "Bad parameter" error message on the following
line:

.Cell(.Rows.Count, .Columns.Count).Range.FormFields(1).ExitMacro =
"addrow3"

It adds the row but because it doesn't exit the macro it won't add any
additional lines.

Please help! Thanks,

"Ross" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ross ross is offline

The line should read
..Cell(.Rows.Count, .Columns.Count).Range.FormFields(1).ExitMacro = "addrow3"

This editor raps around some times.

"Ross" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Worsty[_2_] Worsty[_2_] is offline

Ross:

That is what I have in my code and it is in all one line. I don't get a
compile error I get a "bad parameter"

thanks,

"Ross" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Worsty[_2_] Worsty[_2_] is offline

Doug:

I got this code to work, but the problem is now that I need some way to NOT
keep adding rows. I tried to add the "Yes" No" functionality, but that is
when I get the error. Any help would be appreciated:

Dim rownum As Long, i As Long, j As Long
Dim oRng As Word.Range
Dim pListArray() As String
Dim pType As String
Dim myField As FormField
Dim oTbl As Table
Dim Response

'Response = MsgBox("Do you need to add another row to the table?", _
'vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbDefaultButton2, "Add another Row")
'If Response = vbYes Then
Set oTbl = Selection.Tables(1)
ActiveDocument.Unprotect
oTbl.Rows.Add
rownum = oTbl.Rows.Count
For i = 1 To oTbl.Columns.Count
Set oRng = oTbl.Cell(rownum, i).Range
oRng.Collapse wdCollapseStart
pType = oTbl.Cell(rownum - 1, i).Range.FormFields(1).Type
Select Case pType
Case 83 'Constant for a dropdown
Set myField = ActiveDocument.FormFields.Add(Range:=oRng, _
Type:=wdFieldFormDropDown)
For j = 1 To oTbl.Cell(rownum - 1,
i).Range.FormFields(1).DropDown.ListEntries.Count
ReDim Preserve pListArray(j)
pListArray(j) = oTbl.Cell(rownum - 1,
i).Range.FormFields(1).DropDown.ListEntries(j).Nam e
Next j
For j = 1 To UBound(pListArray)
myField.DropDown.ListEntries.Add pListArray(j)
Next j
Case 70 'Constant for a textfield
ActiveDocument.FormFields.Add Range:=oRng, _
Type:=wdFieldFormTextInput
Case 71 'Constant for a checkbox
ActiveDocument.FormFields.Add Range:=oRng, _
Type:=wdFieldFormCheckBox
End Select
Next i
oTbl.Cell(oTbl.Rows.Count, oTbl.Columns.Count).Range.FormFields(1).ExitMacro
= "Gregaddrows"
oTbl.Cell(oTbl.Rows.Count, 1).Range.FormFields(1).Select