nanner130

Default table pasting row

I took a row from a table, cut it, and wanted to paste it in another section
of the same table. When I did, the cell widths were completely different.
This never happened with Word 2000. What am I doing wrong?
Stefan Blom

For the parent table, choose TableTable Properties. Click the Options
button on the Table tab. Make sure that you clear the option to
"Automatically resize to fit contents" in the dialog box, and click OK
twice. Now, your one-row cell should use its own width settings (you
can modify them on the Columns tab of the Table Properties dialog
box).

--
Stefan Blom

"nanner130" wrote in message
I took a row from a table, cut it, and wanted to paste it in another

section
of the same table. When I did, the cell widths were completely

different.
This never happened with Word 2000. What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Smiley Smiley is offline

Stefan - I have tried following your suggestion below & it will not allow me
to make this change. My table looks like I have small columns on both the
left & right hand side. Can you help me?