Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Office Gal Office Gal is offline

Default Updating TOC in Word 2007

I'm revising a document and updating the TOC in Word 2007. I deleted one
Article but the TOC didn't show that it had been deleted, even after having
pressed F9. When I tried to delete it manually, it did not update the
numbering of Artcles in the TOC but deleted a different Article that I didn't
want deleted!

Any advice would be most welcomed!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Are you tracking changes? If so, field results may not display correctly
until after you have accepted changes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Office Gal" wrote in message
I'm revising a document and updating the TOC in Word 2007. I deleted one
Article but the TOC didn't show that it had been deleted, even after
having
pressed F9. When I tried to delete it manually, it did not update the
numbering of Artcles in the TOC but deleted a different Article that I
didn't
want deleted!

Any advice would be most welcomed!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

In that case, I'd treat the document as corrupt. Copy the contents, minus
the TOC and the final paragraph mark, into a new document. Then can you
recreate a TOC that "behaves"?

To show/hide paragraph marks (¶) as well as other nonprinting marks, press
Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP