Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.tables
Ben[_5_] Ben[_5_] is offline

Default Hidding Blank Calculations in Word 2007

Hi,

I have a word 2007 template that I will be using to produce quotes.

In part of the form there are 4 lines for each tem that might be
quoted on, each line has 4 text form fields, each text form fields in
each line ends 1, 2 ,3, 4 i.e. quantity1, description1, unit_price1,
total_price1, then quantity2, description2, unit_price2, total_price2
etc.

If the text form fields are blank, I don't want them to show up when
printed out, which is what happens if there is no default text in the
form field, such as the description fields, but when you enter a
calculation, such as in total_price which would be "= quantity *
unit_price", it shows as £0.00 even if quantity & unit_price are
blank.

Is it possible to hid a calculation when its blank, rather than have
it display a null vlaue?

Thanks

Ben
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.tables

Use the following type of field construction

{ IF { FORMTEXT { =Text1 * Text2 } \# £,0.00 } = "£0.00" "" { FORMTEXT {
=Text1 * Text2 } \# £,0.00 } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and use
Alt+F9 to toggle off their display

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.
"Ben" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Hiding Blank Calculations in Word 2007

Hi Doug,

There you go making it dificult again ...
{=Text1*Text2 \# \# "£,0.00;-£,0.00;"}

--
Cheers
macropod

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message ...
Use the following type of field construction

{ IF { FORMTEXT { =Text1 * Text2 } \# £,0.00 } = "£0.00" "" { FORMTEXT { =Text1 * Text2 } \# £,0.00 } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and use Alt+F9 to toggle off their display

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis.
"Ben" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.tables

macropod wrote:
Hi Doug,

There you go making it dificult again ...
{=Text1*Text2 \# \# "£,0.00;-£,0.00;"}

Only because on the machine on which I was trying it, I was getting a
Syntax error message. But now when I use your construction (minus the
second \#, which causes a Too many picture switches error message) it works.

I have no idea why what I had tried earlier did not work, but will try
it again when I get to that machine.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
services on a paid professional basis.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Doug,

Yes, that should have been:
{=Text1*Text2 \# "£,0.00;-£,0.00;"}
My bad.

--

macropod wrote:
Hi Doug,

There you go making it dificult again ...
{=Text1*Text2 \# \# "£,0.00;-£,0.00;"}

Only because on the machine on which I was trying it, I was getting a Syntax error message. But now when I use your construction
(minus the second \#, which causes a Too many picture switches error message) it works.

I have no idea why what I had tried earlier did not work, but will try it again when I get to that machine.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
services on a paid professional basis.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.tables

And of course, I cannot replicate the error that I was getting the other
day.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.
"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Doug,

Yes, that should have been:
{=Text1*Text2 \# "£,0.00;-£,0.00;"}
My bad.

--
Cheers
macropod

macropod wrote:
Hi Doug,

There you go making it dificult again ...
{=Text1*Text2 \# \# "£,0.00;-£,0.00;"}

Only because on the machine on which I was trying it, I was getting a
Syntax error message. But now when I use your construction (minus the
second \#, which causes a Too many picture switches error message) it
works.

I have no idea why what I had tried earlier did not work, but will try it
again when I get to that machine.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
services on a paid professional basis.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Doug,

Perhaps you'd forgotten to enclose the switch expression with double quotes, which you can often get away with for just the standard
single-format expression.

--
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message ...
And of course, I cannot replicate the error that I was getting the other day.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis.
"macropod" wrote in message ...
Hi Doug,

Yes, that should have been:
{=Text1*Text2 \# "£,0.00;-£,0.00;"}